Business Readiness is the process of managing change within the enterprise, such as new systems, technology or process that can affect the enterprise. Business Readiness establishes a framework used to proactively plan and manage the steps that need to occur to ensure the business impacted by the upcoming changes will be ready. Business Readiness assists the enterprise by designing a repeatable process that eliminates non-value added elements, standardizes language and methodology across initiatives and centralizes change management functions for better consistency and efficiency.
- Change management
- Organizational change management analysis
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic communications
- Business Goals
- Customer outreach
- End user training and documentation
- Identification of impacts related to system changes and outages
- Portal design and requirements development
- Usability studies
- Survey development
- Large scale event and conference planning
- Traditional project management support services including risk management, schedule management, performance metric development and tracking and presentation development.
Business Readiness Roles and Responsibilities
Maintaining visibility on all production changes, their impact and the interdependencies between changes.
- Providing leadership, guidance and oversight to ensure existing defined processes are being followed and continual education on Change Management best practices are being met.
- Facilitating meetings ensuring issues are identified, obstacles are removed and proper hand-off of work in the pipeline.
- Ensuring all changes are properly documented, categorized, planned, tested, communicated, the appropriate back-out plans are in place as well as all approvals are provided within the required time frame.
- Development of BR impacts, communication plans, daily status reports, online content, system availability notifications, consistent messaging, customer outreach, memorandums and innovative ideas and marketing efforts to reach end-users, as well as leading focus groups when applicable.
- Development of a stakeholder matrix and a stakeholder analysis to ensure any changes in direction are being adequately addressed.
- Assisting the Enterprise in communications to and from stakeholders as requested, and helping to build positive relationships leading to stakeholder expectations being met or exceeded.
- Development and implementation of technical training materials/curriculum for customers and internal associates.
- Staging the training environment.
- Delivery of training.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the day-to-day operations of the project in the development of roadmaps, schedules, risk assessment and tracking, issue management and presentation development as requested
- Translating needs analysis and functional specifications into detailed curriculum and course designs.